Associate Student Pastor
Join our team!
Our dynamic student ministry is growing!
We have an opportunity to welcome an Associate Student Pastor to assist in our mission of engaging students in the process of knowing Jesus Christ.
Department: Family Ministries
Reports To: Student Pastor
Category: (Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week)
The Associate Student Pastor supports the vision of Journey Community Church by casting and implementing vision for Journey Students.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with Journey’s Statement of Beliefs and adhere to the values and lifestyle consistent with the Journey Leadership Agreement
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree required; degree in Ministry or related field preferred.
- Experience in leading teams and empowering people
- Ability to serve in an interdependent team both within the ministry and outside of the ministry area
- A passion and intentionality for the discipleship of students and leaders
- Successful leadership experience working with students, including vision-casting, creativity, and inspiring volunteers
- Experience in counseling through difficult life circumstances for both students and adults
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of integrity, work ethic, confidentiality, and dependability
- Cast vision and oversee small groups for middle and high school students
- Develop, implement, and oversee discipleship plan for Journey Students
- Create an engaging, age-appropriate environment for weekly services with appropriate life-change strategies that encourage students to grow in their relationship with Christ
- Function as a secondary communicator while developing and empowering additional communicators
- Recruit and volunteers for setting up environments
- Establish interconnection with JourneyLand (children’s ministry) to provide a seamless transition for kids and parents between the two ministries
- Work with Student Pastor by caring for and shepherding volunteers
- Assist in overseeing major Journey Students events (i.e. camps, mission trips, outreach, etc.)
- Create a safe environment on the Evans campus by recruiting, training, and empowering all leaders.
- Spend time building relationships with students by attending sporting events, plays, band recitals, etc.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy relationship with the local schools
- Assist in coordinating student gatherings at Evans Campus
- Assist in writing small group curriculum for weekly experience
- Assist in counseling students and parents