Information for Honored Guests
This event has been created and tailored for people with disabilities. Details and needs have been considered, but please specify your needs, should you have any, on the registration form.
Night to Shine is open to all members of the community with disabilities (ages +14). This event is first come, first serve. Registration is limited. Please register as soon as possible to reserve your spot.
Every guest MUST have a buddy for the course of the evening as required by the Tim Tebow Foundation. Night to Shine will provide a trained/background checked buddy for each guest, who will guide them through the entire event, ensuring they have a fabulous time.
Buddies are not trained to administer medication – parents or caregivers will be required to do so.
All volunteers and staff will be subject to background checks, as they will be personally responsible for each guest’s well-being throughout the event.
We will email you pertinent information prior to the event. Please make sure you register with an email address that you check frequently.
This event is formal; attendees must dress in formal attire. Makeup artists (women) and hair stylists (for men and women) will be available for touch-ups at the beginning of the event.
Formal dress vendors in the CSRA
- Encore Consignments & Formal Wear: 20% Discount on formal dresses. Please ask for Tara.
- House of the Bride
- Say Hooah to the Dress: Fort Gordon – Dresses and jewelry for those with military ID
- David’s Bridal: Provides a $20 off coupon for all patrons who state they are shopping for Night to Shine. The point of contact is Lisa (706-737-2595)
- Ross Dress for Less, Marshalls, or Burlington Coat Factory
Tuxedo vendors in the CSRA
- Limos are available for rides onsite at the event, but Honored Guests are responsible for their own transportation to and from Journey.
- Please DO NOT arrive prior to 5:45 PM. Many of our volunteers will not be in place to provide your Honored Guest with the best experience until that time. Every guest will experience every part of the event. This also allows family members that are coming to watch the Red Carpet not miss their guest.
- Please DO NOT leave the church campus without accompanying your Honored Guest through check-in. If you do not plan to stay, you may leave after you check in together.
- If you’d like to drop your Honored Guest off near the Auditorium entrance please let a parking attendant know by flashing your lights and then parking you where directed. Your Honored Guest will be escorted inside by a Butler and will be waiting for you in the Auditorium to check in. You may depart after this, continue on to the Red Carpet with your Honored Guest or join us upstairs in the VIP area!
Once the 120 registration spots are filled, a guest waitlist will open.
Family members/caregivers are welcome to attend, but due to Fire Code we can only host 2 family members/caregivers per guest. For planning purposes, please indicate if you will be staying with your guest and enjoying our VIP Room, or leaving the Journey campus during the event.
If your guest becomes ill and/or cannot attend, please notify us because we will have a waitlist.